Views
Comments
Solved
LBPT site properties
Question

Is the use of site properties allowed in a lite bpt process?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi freek,

Yes, you can use/refer the site variable value in LBPT action flow. Basically, site properties are application Global variable that holds a constant value. As LBPT comes under parallelization process mechanism, it doesn't get executed within a session (i.e. It gets executed as a background process), hence their is no point in accessing session variable value.

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam  

Hmm yeah I created a lbpt that calls the put action from the SFTP extension and that gives me an error invalid password. The password is set by in the site property and when doing a timer instead of a lbpt it works so thats why I thought maybe the site property is causing the problem..

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Freek,

In one my past project, I also had almost the similar use-case in which instead of storing the password, the directory path value and the related information in the Site property variable, we preferred storing the same in a separate Database entity for future reference. 

Yeah, for the LBPT mechanism as per the theory, I guess the approach of storing/referring the value in/from the site property variable should also work. I will also give it a try :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam