Views
Comments
Solved
Reactive DropDowntag Search and Save
Application Type
Reactive

Hi All

I am Priya and new to this Platform and exploring the Reactive app.

I need to bulit one application my requirtmnet 

Employee Can have multiple Skill set and based on using dropdown tag i need to search the skill (multiple skil ) in emploee screen

My problem is how i can save the multiple skill for employee and also in employee screen  i have dropdwon tag where i can seacrh the employee based on the multiple skill set and also other text box required for other seacrh like project name etc 

Can you please help me how i can save muliple skill for user and how i can search mulitple skill and result should display on below table based on multiple selection of skill i have attached the OML 

DropdownMultiTag.oml

Solution

Hi Priya,

Here i have attached an reference Oml for you to get results based on multiselection dropdown.

You can also checkout the link of the demo:

https://shweta-gedam.outsystemscloud.com/DropdownTagDemo/DropdownTagDemo?_ts=637450238212516507

Hope it helps, Thank you:)

DropdownTagDemo.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Priya,

Welcome to OutSystems.

If you want to allow multiple skills to be assigned to an employee, than your datamodel is incorrect.

Your current datamodel allows an employee to have one skill, and a skill to be assigned to many employees.

What you need is an extra entity to handle the N:M relationship between Employee and Skill, lets call it EmployeeSkill:

Make sure to add an extra index on EmployeeId, SkillId to avoid that the same skill can be assigned multiple times to an employee. Set the Unique property of the index to True.

Regards,

Daniel

HI Daniel,

Thanks so much for reply 

As you suggested will correct my data model  and i have another issue which mentioed above regarding the the dropdwon multi select  skill if i select result show disply according in grid  for that what shoul i do ?

Thanks Agian :)

Hi All,

Can anyone help on search based on selection of dropdown muliselected tag skill get selected result should display 

Solution

Hi Priya,

Here i have attached an reference Oml for you to get results based on multiselection dropdown.

You can also checkout the link of the demo:

https://shweta-gedam.outsystemscloud.com/DropdownTagDemo/DropdownTagDemo?_ts=637450238212516507

Hope it helps, Thank you:)

DropdownTagDemo.oml

Thanks Swetha for oml, i am looking into this  it resolve my problem.  Thanks so much i ll try same and update you :)