Views
Comments
Solved
Is Data secure in PE or Free Edition
Application Type
Mobile, Reactive

Hi,

I have a startup in my mind for which i want to build an App. In the initial phase, i want to stay in the free edition until i prove my idea as i am not expecting more that a dozen clients initially. I want to understand what are the limitation on going for a Free Edition/PE.

It would really help me if you guys could respond to my below questions

- Is the data that will be stored inside the app be secured ?

- Can some other developer access my source code or client data being in PE/Free Edition ?

- Can i publish the app in my brand and logo in IOS/Android App store without paying? If not, can i send the apk file to the clients for installation. Would that conflict with the Outsystems compliance ?

- Can i delete old data if i see slowness in the app ?

Appreciate your help and support here

Thanks

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Siva,

Is the data that will be stored inside the app be secured ?

Yes

- Can some other developer access my source code or client data being in PE/Free Edition ?

No only if you share your username/password that would be possible.

Furthermore if you create applications with role anomynous that will be available for the whole world.

If you apply a role, than users need to login with a valid username and password

- Can i publish the app in my brand and logo in IOS/Android App store without paying? If not, can i send the apk file to the clients for installation. Would that conflict with the Outsystems compliance ?

You can publish a mobile app from your PE to Google and Apple store without any additional OutSystems costs.

However to publish to stores you need to have google / apple developer accounts and those cost money.

Yes, you can as already mentioned by João Marques, you can use the Forge component https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5018/db-cleaner-on-steroids

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You saved me from going through hundreds of documents and google searches.

Thanks a lot for the answers and I now have a better clarity where to start. 

Cheers

Hi Siva,

I would recommend you reading this article to understand better the limitations of using personal environment.

To delete the data, you are able to do that using components such as DBCleaner, DBCleaner On Steroids or even running queries using SQL Sandbox.

You can only have one developer account, you'll have limited storage and no VPN / domains can be set are some of the limitations but you can see in more details in the article mentioned above.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

João

Hi João,

Thanks for your prompt response. I already went through the shared article, but i couldnt makeout exactly about the security of data as well as the source code with respect to the PE environment.

I would really appreciate if you can share your view about my questions above.

Thanks

Siva Kumar

Hi Siva

In complementary the post from João .

You can find here all security aspect involved in OutSystem Platform and what you can do or not  in PE.

Regards

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Siva,

Is the data that will be stored inside the app be secured ?

Yes

No only if you share your username/password that would be possible.

Furthermore if you create applications with role anomynous that will be available for the whole world.

If you apply a role, than users need to login with a valid username and password

You can publish a mobile app from your PE to Google and Apple store without any additional OutSystems costs.

However to publish to stores you need to have google / apple developer accounts and those cost money.

Yes, you can as already mentioned by João Marques, you can use the Forge component https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5018/db-cleaner-on-steroids

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You saved me from going through hundreds of documents and google searches.

Thanks a lot for the answers and I now have a better clarity where to start. 

Cheers