Views
Comments
Solved
Result of a sum at runtime

I have 3 input boxes where I put numbers, and a 4 (expression i guest) to calculate the sum of the 3 umput boxes. how do I calculate the value at runtime?

Thanks

Solution

Hello  SpiritFox

I have attached an oml. you can refer to the screen name forum_calculate.

In that, I have taken three input fields and one which results in total Output.

I have created a client action that sums up all the value. And that client action is been called on submit property of the input widget.

This will work if you are working on reactive.

Regards 

Divya Nayak

ForumCalculate.oml

Hi  SpiritFox,

You need to call an action that performs the calculation on text change of the text boxes. That action should be linked to each textbox change event.

Hi Spiritfox, 

What have you tried so far ?

The answer to that question depends on traditional vs. Reactive, which are you doing ?

I assume with ´ at runtime´  you mean it recalculates every time one of the numbers changes right? 

So you should be able to do this after basic training videos... one hint : on change event of all 3 numbers.

And extra hint for traditional : refresh the widget that displays the total.

Dorine

Solution

Hello  SpiritFox

I have attached an oml. you can refer to the screen name forum_calculate.

In that, I have taken three input fields and one which results in total Output.

I have created a client action that sums up all the value. And that client action is been called on submit property of the input widget.

This will work if you are working on reactive.

Regards 

Divya Nayak

ForumCalculate.oml

And if you are working on the traditional web. You need to use ajax refresh where you are showing total. Rest everything is same. Call this screen action in all the input widget except one for the total.

Refer to the oml attached.

Regards 

Divya Nayak

ForumSolution.oml