[Case Management framework] Howto use placeholders in case management framework notificationengine emailtemplates
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Service

Hi,

I'm building a case management framework application that is using emailtemplates.

I'm able to send emails using "CM_CaseNotificationEngine.Email.CaseEmail_Send()"

but I cannot find:

1. how to find out what email template placeholders are available?
  2. how to add my own custom placeholders?

for example I found this function "CM_CaseNotificationEngine.Common.ProcessEmailPlaceholders":

"It will replace the placeholders by the actual case data"

Any pointers and/or documentation would be great?

tx in advance,

Rutger

Solution

Hi Rutger,

In response to your question, we have found that the documentation is lacking in the required information to be able to successfully use the Email Template option, and we will be reviewing this.

To assist you in the meantime, you will be able to find the fields in the Public Static Entity, ExtraField, in the CM_CaseDefinition_CS module. All of the fields available in this entity are supported by the email template and will be replaced at runtime by the CMf Send Email action. 

To use these fields in your email template, all you need to do is include the field name surrounded by "{{" and "}}" and it will be automatically replaced by the specific case information. For example, to add the CaseNumber in your email's subject, you would write "Review for Request {{CaseNumber}} has expired".

You can see an example of this in the OutTracker_CS module in the OutTracker app,  available on the Forge.

Regarding your second question, we currently do not support custom placeholders.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need more information.

Best Regards,

Paulo Sebastião

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated tx :)

Solution

Hi Rutger,

In response to your question, we have found that the documentation is lacking in the required information to be able to successfully use the Email Template option, and we will be reviewing this.

To assist you in the meantime, you will be able to find the fields in the Public Static Entity, ExtraField, in the CM_CaseDefinition_CS module. All of the fields available in this entity are supported by the email template and will be replaced at runtime by the CMf Send Email action. 

To use these fields in your email template, all you need to do is include the field name surrounded by "{{" and "}}" and it will be automatically replaced by the specific case information. For example, to add the CaseNumber in your email's subject, you would write "Review for Request {{CaseNumber}} has expired".

You can see an example of this in the OutTracker_CS module in the OutTracker app,  available on the Forge.

Regarding your second question, we currently do not support custom placeholders.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need more information.

Best Regards,

Paulo Sebastião

awesome Paulo tx!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.