Views
Comments
I'm unable to find outsystems documentation regarding a few basic questions.
Application Type
Mobile

I'm preparing to take the Mobile Developer certification exam.  I've come across various sample questions online... most of which I know the correct answer to.  There are a few that I didn't know the answer.  Even though the answers are included with the examples I haven't been able to find any documentation explaining the "whys" for each correct answer. The following are a few examples.  If anyone can point me to where I can see explanations, that would be greatly appreciated.

When he CheckDialogsPluginIsAvailable condition is TRUE- what does that mean?  The choices are:

A Insures the validation of the data type of the plugin

B Insures the plugin is included in code generation

C Insures the compatibility with previous application versions without the plugin and insures the plugin is included in code generation.

D Insures the compatibility with previous application versions without the plugin

The correct answer is D.  How would I know that?

----------------------------------

Which elements can a module make available for others to consume.

The correct answer is "Theme, role, server action and image"  Where is this documented?

----------------------------------

What is the one major difference between Screen and Block design?

The answer is supposedly "Blocks cannot have OutPut parameters".  As far as I know screens can not have output parameters either.  Am I correct?

-------------------------------------

It's a little unsettling to find questions to which I can not find the answer.  Admittedly I am a newbie with outsystems - so my questions are evidence of that fact.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Tom,

The OutSystems documentation or the Video lectures may not contain the exact answer statement but the suggested study materials, convers all the Certification exam concepts for sure.

Let me try to help you with the mentioned questions:

1) When the CheckDialogsPlugin.IsAvailable condition is TRUE- what does that mean?  

B) It ensures that the plugin is included in the generated code

Explanation: Basically the CheckDialogsPlugin.IsAvailable is an output (Boolean data type) parameter of the CheckDialogsPlugin client action, which is assigned with the JS node output parameter (of Boolean type) value defined in the same action flow. The JS node contains JavaScript which checks the existence of the respective plugin global object. If the plugin global object is undefined then the IsAvailable Output parameter value will be False, which means the plugin is not loaded successfully or it's not available to be used.

Refer this: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/Mobile_Plugins/Using_Cordova_Plugins#wrapper-module-structure

2) Which elements can a module make available for others to consume. 

Solution: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Reuse_and_Refactor/Understand_Strong_and_Weak_Dependencies

3) What is the one major difference between Screen and Block design?

Explanation:

• Screen and Block cannot have output parameter
  • Blocks are reusable UI element
  • Blocks can be defined in a nested fashion but blocks defined in cyclic (referenced) fashion is not allowed/possible
  • Events can be defined in Block
  • Block Life cycle does have an additional event called OnParamtersChanged Event

Refer the Links:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Implement_Application_Logic/Screen_and_Block_Lifecycle_Events

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Reuse_UI/Create_and_Reuse_Screen_Blocks

Note: Before attempting the certification exam, make sure that you refer all the suggested video lectures thoroughly, and understand each and every concepts theoretically as well as with practical implementation.

All the Best for the exam :)

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Tom,

please make sure that the author of the quizzes you are doing is knowledgeable about Outsystems, your examples seem to just be blatantly incorrect.  Do you have a link to this quiz ?

Dorine