Views
Comments
Solved
'... Record' data type required instead of 'None'

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck on this error for a while already and couldn't find any solution.
I'm new to OutSystems and currently working on building a Task Manager. In a first step, my aim is that the user can fill out a form with a couple of different fields (eg. "Name of Task", "Description", "Deadline",...) and by clicking on the 'Save'-button, the information gets stored in a database and the user returns to the home screen.

I've already set up an empty database ('Tasks') and the form. I put an 'SaveOnClick' event on the Save-button of the form and the process attached on the SaveOnClick-event (see attached), but I get the ''Tasks Record' data type required instead of 'None'.'-Error.

Probably I'm doing something completely wrong, but as said before, I'm complete new to all this. Maybe someone knows what I'm doing wrong and can help me.

Thanks a lot!

Screenshot20210105at21.00.34.png

Solution

Hello Raphael,

Hope you're doing well.

As you can see, UpdateTasks action receives a Tasks Record as a Data Type.

So in this action you need to pass a correct Data Type as an Input Parameter.

It seems that you're passing the Name of one of the Input Elements that are created in your Form:

But you need to use the variable instead. And in this case, you want to use the entire Record (which is associated to your Form), not only the TaskName attribute.

So, according to your image, it should be something like:

GetTaskById.List.Current.Tasks

Resulting in this:

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

hope you're doing well too, thanks.

And thanks a lot for your help!

"It seems that you're passing the Name of one of the Input Elements that are created in your Form:"
Exactly, that was my mistake. And now it finally works.

Wish you a nice day!