Views
Comments
Link to detail screen, using Nullidentifier() for record id, opens existing record
Question
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.10.4 (Build 36716)

This seemingly simple bug is driving me nuts. The Link in the "Holidays" screen (created using scaffolding) - that's intended to open the "HolidayDetail" screen to a new record - suddenly changed behavior. Now, it's opening the one-and-only existing record. And this is despite the fact that the Nullidentifier() is indicated for the Holidayid in the Link's On Click event.

Of course, I could just use scaffolding to simply recreate the screens - eliminating the problem - but then I wouldn't understand why this is happening...and the learning process I'm going through right now would be cheapened :)

What else do I need to check, to get the detail screen open to a new record?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Matt,

Then check your aggregate filter conditions in the HolidayDetail screen. There is probably a condition that causes a record to be fetched.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Matt,

What you need to do is in your HolidayDetail Screen aggregate, enter filter as following:

Holiday.Id = HolidayId - to fetch new records if the HolidayId is NullIdentifier().

Let me know if it works, Thanks :)

Thanks, Daniël and Shweta. I'll focus on the aggregate.  I suspect I broke something when I joined the Holiday table to what I'm calling the DaysOfWeek table, so that I can allow the user to select a day of week by something other than the native 0-6 numerical value Outsystems uses i.e., in my DaysOfWeek table I pair each day integer value (0-6) with "Sunday" through "Saturday" text values....thereby allowing a 'user friendly' dropdown on the detail screen for the user to pick from. Note that I join the tables on what I'm calling the "DayValue" field, not the Outsystems-created id, since the id can change in terms of association with a particular day name e.g., Wednesday, just for example.

It's still not clear to me why use of the NullIdentifier() doesn't force opening of a new record, but you've given a place to focus my efforts to get this resolved.

Thanks to both of you for your response.