creating a simple web service & use existing web service

creating a simple web service & use existing web service

I am trying to create a simple web service to connect to the database and fill the form based on some parameter values. I created the web method and don't know how to call the web method from the screen flow (page). Is anyone have any sample .oml file to create a new webservice and how to use the existing web service?.

thx,
sk
Hi Skris,

Please submit your question to the correct forum area: Technology & Integration
http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/Forum_View.aspx?ForumId=25&ForumName=Technology+%26+Integration

It will help you to obtain a quick feedback.

Regards,
Rafael Pereira
Hi Skris, 

welcome to our network.

In attach there's a little example on how you can invoke one web method and display it on the screen, and one webservice on how you can get the values from the database and assign the output variable of the method developed.

Hope it helps you.

Cheers,
RNA
Hi Skris,

Welcome to the community.

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of moving the topic from its original location. Do let us know if Ricardo's answer helps, or if you have further questions!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Skris,

Now on the right place... 

You can also check the "Developer Academy Lesson » Subject [WebServices]":

http://www.outsystems.com/Training/Module.aspx?RoleId=153&SkillLevelVersionId=132&CourseId=2&ShowTest=False&MaterialId=347

Regards,
Rafael Pereira

thx Ricardo. Could you please let me know, how the structures will be created to consume the existing web service? meaning, i got some web services created on VB.net and running on local server, when i add it (url link) on the web references i am able to see all the web method, but no structures has been created.

Other question is, If I created new webservice and web method on agile platform, not able to assign the structure name(which created manually) on the output variable (similar to your sample). can you clarify this?

rgds,
sam kris
Hi Skris,

You are reporting a weird behavior, considering a normal usage of external WebServices.
Executing the same necessary steps to consume external WebServices, with an public WebService, all structures are imported since they're necessary for WebService Methods. 

On step1 you can see the "empty" eSpace.
On step2 you can all the methods and structures imported from the Wsdl definition.

Could you provide the WSDL file?

Regards,
Rafael Pereira

Hi Rafael,

I have changed the web method to return the object as structure and works.

Happy to Help You!