Views
Comments
Solved
Error when upgrading OutSystems Platform from 10 to 11

I am currently experiencing this issue after running the configuration tool to upgrade from outsystems 10 to 11. I experienced an error after clicking on "Apply and Exit" (screenshot attached in this post). After moving on from the error, when installing System Components, I was shown another error: There was an error while contacting the server HTTP NotFound. 

What is the server the configuration tool is trying to contact and how do I have a successful installation for System Components. My current server has no access to the internet.

Server: Windows 10

Below is the full content from the Environment Upgrade Window for the 2nd error:

Environment Upgrade started

Service Center install started

Service Center Installer version 11.10.1 build 23852

Start installing Service Center version 11.10.1 build 23852...

This operation may take a few minutes to complete...

Publishing Extension(s)...

Publishing Extension 'OMLProcessor'...

Publishing Extension 'IntegrationStudio'...

Publishing Extension 'PlatformLogs'...

Reading ServiceCenter.oml oml file information...

Adding ServiceCenter eSpace to database...

Compiling ServiceCenter eSpace...

Deploying ServiceCenter eSpace...

Initializing Service Center...

Validating license...

Finished installing Service Center version 11.10.1 build 23852!

Service Center install ended successfully

System Components install started

There was an error while contacting the server HTTP NotFound 

Environment Upgrade ended with errors

Done!

ErrorafterApplyandExit.PNG

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Joe,

From the screenshot, I noticed the error is related to contacting the Server.API endpoint. 

I had a similar issue a while ago while upgrading from 10 to 11. In my case I wasn't able to login in Service Center after clicking 'Apply and Exit', but that was also caused by not being able to reach the Server.API endpoint. 

You might want to try the solution mentioned in this post. The instruction came from OutSystems support and solved the issue for me.

In any case, it is always a good idea to open a support case for these kind of issues as it will enable OutSystems to continue to improve the installation/upgrade process.

Regards,

Nordin

Champion

Could you please check the DBname schema name etc. in configuration manager.those are correct

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Joe,

From the screenshot, I noticed the error is related to contacting the Server.API endpoint. 

I had a similar issue a while ago while upgrading from 10 to 11. In my case I wasn't able to login in Service Center after clicking 'Apply and Exit', but that was also caused by not being able to reach the Server.API endpoint. 

You might want to try the solution mentioned in this post. The instruction came from OutSystems support and solved the issue for me.

In any case, it is always a good idea to open a support case for these kind of issues as it will enable OutSystems to continue to improve the installation/upgrade process.

Regards,

Nordin