[InAppBrowser Plugin] IPA file is suddenly VERY big (75mb in comparison to 3mb in the version before)
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.10.4 (Build 36717)

Hi everyone!

I just made some changes to my app (basically just added the InAppBrowser Plugin) and wanted to rebuild my mobile app. Android went as always, about 7MB size, all good.

But the ios version is suddenly 75MB in size!
Before, it was just 3MB. It can't be the InAppBrowser Plugin, can it?

I don't understand how it went so huge. Am I doing something wrong?

Please help.

Thank you!

Best regards

Christian

mvp_badge
MVP

Its not the impact fo InAppBrowserPlugin.We also using the same compoenent in our iOS app but no issue found till now like size.

Could you please check below

1.Resource-there is any file added or not?
2.Any image added in your app?

Hi Salman,

no files or images added. 

But I found out, that when I add the InAppBrowserPlugin, the IPA file suddenly contains a huge folder named "SwiftSupport". Has this something to do with the used Cordova version or the compatibility for IOS?
I didn't add any other Plugins or files...

Thank you!

Best regards

Christian

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Chris,

Could you please share the screen shot of this "SwiftSupport "

Hi Salman,

here's the screen.

When you open the IPA file as a ZIP file, you can see the containing files.
There is this huge folder called "SwiftSupport" in it a folder called "iphoneos" and in that are the big files you see in the screenshot. Also, when you open the payload folder and the .app file in there. There is a folder "Frameworks". It contains smaller versions of the files out of the screenshot. I'm really confused right now.
I don't know where this comes from... it appeared in the freshly built IPA file after I added the InAppBrowser Plugin...

Thank you!

Best regards

Christian

screen1.PNG

mvp_badge
MVP

I seen it but that is not adding me anything for my IPA.
Would it be possible to share oml?

No sorry, I have some confidential stuff in it.
I will investigate further in it. App seems to run and was approved by apple, so for now I will just live with it.

But it's really strange behavior....

Same thing happens to me, the android version is just 14MB, but iOS is 84MB, so it is definitely related to the inappbrowser plugin I'm also using.

Same behavior with me using MABS 7.0. The file grew from 8 MB to 78MB suddenly. And we are using InAppBrowser.

We are getting the same and we just added the browser plugin to the build. The weird thing is the size vary a lot depending on the environment for the same version of the app.

MABS 7.0 + InAppBrowser plugin 2.4.1

Before With browser plugin
TEST3.2M12.5M
PROD3.2M76.1M

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.