Create a Welcome Screen
Question
Application Type
Mobile

Hey all,

I want to create a welcome screen for my mobile app so whenever the user opens the app after the splash screen the user is directed to a splash screen for a few seconds  before the Homescreen .

Thanks 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello Kanishka,

Hope you're doing well.

A possible solution for your use case would be:

1) Create a new screen (let's call it WelcomeScreen) apart from your HomeScreen:

2) Mark your WelcomeScreen as Default Screen. This way, your Splash screen will redirect to WelcomeScreen when it finishes the load.

3) In this new screen, you may define a JavaScript code using setTimeout() method that will call a function after a specified number of milliseconds. As an example:

setTimeout(function(){
    $actions.GoToHomeScreen();
}, 10000);

Basically, this code will call a Screen Action called GoToHomeScreen after 10000 milliseconds (10 seconds). You can adapt this value according to your needs.

You may put this JavaScript conde in your OnReady or OnRender screen event.

4) Define a Screen Action called GoToHomeScreen (or another name, but it needs to match with the JavaScript) that basically redirects the user to the HomeScreen:

Please refer to attached OML file with an example.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

WelcomeScreenTest.oml

Hey this solution worked thanks a ton!

Champion

Hi Kanishka,

Do you want to say that you want to open welcome screen for few seconds after splash screen but before the user is redirected to Home screen, Am i right? your statement is little confusing as it is not saying anything about Welcome screen.

yes that is what i want

Hi Kanishka,

Please refer the below link and see if it helps you to fulfil your requirement.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/42779/change-screen-flow-from-splash-screen/

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello Kanishka,

Hope you're doing well.

A possible solution for your use case would be:

1) Create a new screen (let's call it WelcomeScreen) apart from your HomeScreen:

2) Mark your WelcomeScreen as Default Screen. This way, your Splash screen will redirect to WelcomeScreen when it finishes the load.

3) In this new screen, you may define a JavaScript code using setTimeout() method that will call a function after a specified number of milliseconds. As an example:

setTimeout(function(){
    $actions.GoToHomeScreen();
}, 10000);

Basically, this code will call a Screen Action called GoToHomeScreen after 10000 milliseconds (10 seconds). You can adapt this value according to your needs.

You may put this JavaScript conde in your OnReady or OnRender screen event.

4) Define a Screen Action called GoToHomeScreen (or another name, but it needs to match with the JavaScript) that basically redirects the user to the HomeScreen:

Please refer to attached OML file with an example.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

WelcomeScreenTest.oml

Hey this solution worked thanks a ton!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.