Views
Comments
Forge Communication  - Force Install Fix

Hi everyone,

This week we are releasing a fix regarding an issue reported several times:

• In Service Studio’s Forge tab, applications were displaying “Force install” with a message saying “Warning: application cannot be safely installed in your environment”

This warning was appearing in applications updates and installs when was not supposed to. 

In the past few weeks we have been addressing this issue for this warning to work properly.

Please let us now if you have any questions.

Thank you all for the continuous reports and feedback!

Sara Karim | Forge Product Owner

I had also experienced this issue in service studio's forge, Thanks for the update Sara Karim :)

Champion

Thank you for the update.
Could you please open the same tread for Announcement section

Hi Salman. The post was published in the Forge and Announcement treads. If it's not visible please let me know.

Champion

Thanks, Sara for notifying. Just curious, is the fix being patched on the Service Studio build; or the way it communicates with forge?

Hi Swatantra, the fix was made in Forge, not in Service Studio. 

Champion

Thank you for the clarification. So, no need to (immediately) update the Service Studio :) 

Champion

Can we also get some background regarding this bug? We are al techsavvy people here and I'm sure lots of us would like to know what was happening. 

Hi Vincent, the problem identified was in the logic that makes the dependency analysis, returning inconsistent results in some cases, leading to incorrectly displaying the Force Install button. 

Thank you, @Sara Karim !

Thank you for the update

Thanks for update :)

;-) Thanks for update!

Thanks for the update..