Views
Comments
Default a Customers Closest Distribution Center to a Dropdown
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Good Morning,

In this example, Customer 402949 has a default Branch setting of "65 - Mesquite" in its master record.  The "Branch" in this example that displays "65 - Mesquite" is actually a dropdown that I had to select from.   How can I default the Customers Branch in place of always having to select?

As always,

Many Thanks,

FrankCLT

Hi FrankCLT,

You need to make sure that the variable binded to the dropdown has the BranchId correspondent to 65 - Mesquite.

Assuming, the branch is filled from a query, you can add an OnAfterFetch on that query, and if no value is found (there is no value on the record, so you want to fill it with the default), you have an assign for the BrandId variable binded to the dropdown to be the BranchId correspondent to 65 - Mesquite.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
João

Thank you for the speedy reply.....But I'm not sure I follow.  Here are my dropdown properties.   The Branch variable is a text field.

Hi FrankCLT,

You have to guarantee that the variable Branch (which is binded to the dropdown) has the BranchId for   correspondent to 65 - Mesquite.

You can add an OnAfterFetch to the query GetBranchUDC.List, use List_Filter from System to get the branch 65 - Mesquite and assign Branch = the Id of the filtered list.

Regards,
João

Thank you, I will try your suggestions and hopefully follow up with a successful outcome.