Comments
Solved
[OutSystems Charts] ShowDataPointValues does not work in LineChart
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Published on 07 Sep 2020
Application Type
Reactive

Hello,

I can not show the datapoint values in a LineChart. Setting the 'ShowDataPointValues' attribute to True does not work and I have tried a lot in the AdvancedFormat which I have found in the HighCharts API with searching for 'datalabels'; https://api.highcharts.com/highcharts/ 

Does anyone else have the same problem or was someone able to solve it?

Regards,

Furkan Çetin

Solution

Hey guys,

We already have a fix for this, hence it works on my environment but not on yours. We still don't have a defined date to release the new version, because we are still testing things. 

This issue was happening because we had set the format property as a mandatory string on the Charts. So the format was always set to ““, therefore the datapoints were not showing.

We have made a workaround for you: 

We've created a block that has the JS fixing this problem. For it to work, you must have the block on your screen and place the Line Chart into the block's placeholder.

I've attached a sample with this working. 

Please let me know if you have any troubles and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Gabriel Lundgren

Graphdatapoints.oml

Having the same issue raised a case with support earlier this week. 

Support the CaseId is 2436901

Hello guys, 

Can you show us how you are trying to set this attribute?

Thank you, 

Gabriel Lundgren

Gabriel what version of Charts component are you using.  We tried your proposed solution with the latest version on a reactive application and still aren't seeing any datapoints labelled.

Solution

Hey guys,

We already have a fix for this, hence it works on my environment but not on yours. We still don't have a defined date to release the new version, because we are still testing things. 

This issue was happening because we had set the format property as a mandatory string on the Charts. So the format was always set to ““, therefore the datapoints were not showing.

We have made a workaround for you: 

We've created a block that has the JS fixing this problem. For it to work, you must have the block on your screen and place the Line Chart into the block's placeholder.

I've attached a sample with this working. 

Please let me know if you have any troubles and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Gabriel Lundgren

Graphdatapoints.oml

Glad to hear!