How to get current server Name?

How to get current server Name?

Is there a action/function to get current servername in a Timer action? (not localhost)

Kind regards,

Matthias Preuter
Hi Matthias,

Would storing the server name in a Global Property suit your need? That is a common way to do so in some installations we have. Or is it expected to change?

You could bootstrap it in a request, using an action we have in HTTPRequestHandler (GetServerName, if I'm not mistaken).

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

I'm using version 6.0.0.9 of service studio and I don't find the GetServerName function in the HTTPRequestHandler. I have a table with information for each servers. I need to fetch some data for the server the espace is running on.

What 's the best way?

Kurt
Hi Kurt,

I have to say I don't have access to a 6.0 version at the moment. That being said, I would find it curious if they had removed such a method from the extension.

According to the extension page, HTTPRequestHandler now comes built into the Platform, so maybe you just need to go to Add/Remove References, and see if there is a similar method there.

If not, I'm sure that someone out here using 6.0 has already gone through that ;)

In a last resort, I would guess that it would be easy to code it in an extension method, just to return the server name.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Paulo Tavares
Hello,
The action that you need on the 6.0 version is now available on rich widgets eSpace.

Kind Regards,
Hugo Pinheiro
hi,

please anybody tell me how to get server name exactly..

Regards,
sattibabu vatti.

Hello.

On the version 6.0, on Rich Widgets there is an action (called GetServerName) that returns the server name.

Regards,
Zaida Pires

Zaida Pires wrote:

Hello.

On the version 6.0, on Rich Widgets there is an action (called GetServerName) that returns the server name.

Regards,
Zaida Pires

Hi, is also on same place on version 7.0.

Regards,
 Hugo Pinheiro