Views
Comments
Solved
Service Actions only ran at Deployment Controller site?
Question

My production environment has Deployment Controller (DC server) + 3 other front-end servers.

But why on Service Center Log, all service actions was handled by DC server only?

Should service actions can be executed at all front end server like Timers and Processes?

Thanks.

Solution

I found it.

Service Actions was called using Deployment Zone Address (at least in On-Premise Server).

Default Global Zone has default address of deployment controller server.

It should be changed to use load balancer domain name.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Harlin,

I checked with Tiago Simões from OutSystems, and it turns out this is actually documented in the following OutSystems success document:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Reuse_and_Refactor/Use_Services_to_Expose_Functionality#Dealing_with_transactionality_and_networking

Regards,

Daniel

Dear Harlin,

I am not sure about your infrastructure details from your mentioned issue. Do you have any external load balancer associated with the servers?

Assuming that that you do not have any external load balancer in the network, can you please check in Service Center > Administration > Servers if the execute timers, execute processes, send emails are activated for all the front end servers as shown below?

If not enabled, please activate it by clicking on the server name and checking out all of them  and saving the configuration as shown below. This should be done for each of the front-end server.

But if you have a load balancer configured in your network, get in touch with your network team. They will be able to help you. In that scenario the load balancer might be redirecting the traffic to only one specific server.

Hope this helps.

Cheers !

Shounak

Yes, we use load balancer.

All flags on server tab is checked (including processes, timers, emails).

AFAIK, Service action was executed behind load balancer.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Harlin,

Service action run on local host 127.0.0.1 not via the load balancer.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for confirming it.

But I got from ServiceCenter Service Action Log, that all executed on DC site.

When I filter by other server, it shows empty.

Solution

I found it.

Service Actions was called using Deployment Zone Address (at least in On-Premise Server).

Default Global Zone has default address of deployment controller server.

It should be changed to use load balancer domain name.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Harlin,

I checked with Tiago Simões from OutSystems, and it turns out this is actually documented in the following OutSystems success document:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Reuse_and_Refactor/Use_Services_to_Expose_Functionality#Dealing_with_transactionality_and_networking

Regards,

Daniel