Views
Comments
Web Authentication API for PWA
Application Type
Mobile, Reactive

Hello All,

I'm looking for implementation of Web Authentication API to my PWA / React application to provide user faster and more secure way how to login.

In Forge, there are many components providing both Touch ID and Face ID funkcionality, but some use Cordova and others are only for iOS. But if I understand well, Web Authentication API can be used on both iOS and Android.

Simple question - am I looking wrong and there is any component in Forge using Web Authentication API or I must implement it by myself?

Thanks in advance
R.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Roman,

I believe that there's no component yet, for this API (I might create a component in a near future, if you don't!).

This API, is still experimental, hence the reason why there's no component yet..

Cheers,

RG

P.s. - if you decide to implement it yourself, let me know if you need help!

Hi Ruben, thanks for your reply. I will give it a try and maybe it will be my first contribution to Forge :-)

Hi Roman,

I published this component in Forge: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/8953/webauthnfido2 some months ago to take advantage of WebAuthN API. Feel free to use, extend or get inspiration from it. If I remember correctly, I didn't have time to implement MFA scenarios only passwordless authentication but I think it wouldn't be a hard.

Thanks!