26
Views
1
Comments
Solved
Unable to publish extension
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.10.5 (Build 37061)
Platform Version
11.10.0 (Build 22910)

I am deploying my first app. I am trying to access tables on a Azure SQL database.

I set up the connection, and imported some tables into Integration Studio. all went fine; they look very good. However, every time I try to publish or verify the extension, it gets jammed for ages on 'Updating source code', and eventually errors out with:

Compiler error
The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:09:59.7151643. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

The Service Center log shows these entries:

Thread was being aborted.
at OutSystems.NssOMLProcessor.CssOMLProcessor.MssGenerateExtensionStubs(String ssOperationId, Byte[] ssXIF, Byte[]& ssSourceCodeZip, RLHEMessageRecordList& ssMessages)
at ssServiceCenter.RssExtensionOMLProcessor.MssGenerateExtensionStubs(HeContext heContext, String inParamOperationId, Byte[] inParamXIF, Byte[]& outParamSourceCodeZip, RecordList& outParamMessages)

Thread was being aborted.
at ssServiceCenter.RssExtensionOMLProcessor.MssGenerateExtensionStubs(HeContext heContext, String inParamOperationId, Byte[] inParamXIF, Byte[]& outParamSourceCodeZip, RecordList& outParamMessages)
at ssServiceCenter.Actions.WsIntegrationStudio.WebSrvcIntegrationStudioGenerateSourceCodeStubs(HeContext heContext, String inParamusername, String inParampassword, Byte[] inParamextension, Byte[]& outParamsourceCodeZip, RLHEMessageRecordList& outParammessages)
   at ssServiceCenter.WebServices.IntegrationStudio.GenerateSourceCodeStubs(String inWSusername, String inWSpassword, Byte[] inWSextension, Byte[]& outWSsourceCodeZip, WORCHEMessageRecord[]& outWSmessages)

Request timed out. https://personal-0t5v7sbp.outsystemscloud.com/ServiceCenter/IntegrationStudio.asmx (Method: POST) 

Thread was being aborted.
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Utils.CompilerUtils.TrapExceptionsInContext(Action action, CompilationContext context)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.<>c__DisplayClass22_0.<InvokeCompilerAPI>b__1()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.<>c__DisplayClass22_0.<InvokeCompilerAPI>b__0()

I have tried creating another extension with these database tables; same problem. I am able to publish an empty extension without them. 

Rank: #69566
Solution

It seems the trouble is because I had a table in my external SQL database with a non-integer public key. I don't know what the extent of Outsystem's non-integer public key support, but I added an Integer ID column ant it works fine now.