Views
Comments
Reactive Web or Mobile training next steps

Hi everyone.

I was going through our Reactive Web and Mobile Guided Paths in our online training, and while your feedback seems to be overall positive in terms of how useful the training is for you, we also hear every now and then comments that, while the training content is good, when users finish the training they don't quite know what to do next or how to start developing their applications.

I know that this will depend on a case by case basis, but I want to ask to the broader community (ideally those who started using OutSystems in the last 6 months, but open to all):

- When you finished the online training, were you able to start creating your applications?

- If you did, what helped you the most in that transition? From training, documentation, colleagues, forums or product, let us know.

- If not, what could OutSystems (training, product, documentation or even Neo) do better to help? What would help you as a next step?

Would be thrilled to hear your thoughts. I'd just ask you to state how long ago did you go through training, and give as much context as you can so we can all make the most of it :)

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Hi Paulo

- When you finished the online training, were you able to start creating your applications?

Maybe I can create a very simple application. 

- If you did, what helped you the most in that transition? From training, documentation, colleagues, forums or product, let us know.

Training and Forums 

Regards

Staff

Thank you @Tom Zhao ! If you can, can you let me know what did you resort to in the forums and training that helped you the most? Specific topics that you needed more info on, or help with?

Have a great weekend :)

Hello Paulo,

After I finished my training (2014), my activities were to create excel reports and make screens to list records, something simple.

When something more complicated appeared, I asked for help from a more experienced colleague.

But I believe that the ideal is for the team leader to assign tasks according to each person's experience.

Another important point is, don't wait too long to ask for help when needed, the community is here for that.

:D

Regards.

Staff

Hi @Agno Silveira , and thank you for the detailed reply! The experience you describe matches a lot of what we hear as well :)

I know it was 7 years ago for you, but would you have any recollection of what those "something more complicated" things were that you needed help with from more experienced colleagues?

And yes, the community is awesome - anyone reading this, don't shy away from asking things :)

Thanks!