Views
Comments
Solved
Upload excel data to entity
Question
Application Type
Reactive
Platform Version

How can I get about uploading excel data to entity?
Columns in excel match attributes in the entity.
Platform is Outsystems 11, reactive web.

NB: I can not bootstrap the entity using the excel file like you can do when creating that particular entity.
This particular entity is already in use.

Thanks

Billy

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Billy,

As per the mentioned case, I would assume that the respective entity already does have some data within it (as it is already in use). So, in order to bootstrap the new excel data to the same entity, you will have to do a slight change i.e. disable the IF node or change the IF condition  (for the next code publish then revert back the change) defined within the automatically created Bootstrap action (flow) mapped to the respective Entity Bootstrap Timer.

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Thank you Benjith Sam .

Your answer is exactly what I looking for.

Regards

Billy

mvp_badge
MVP

You are welcome, Billy.

Glad to help you :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Staff

Hi, you can use the excel to record list and then write the logic to to go over the list and insert the data wherever you want. Understand if it is a heavy file and if so do it in background.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Billy,

As per the mentioned case, I would assume that the respective entity already does have some data within it (as it is already in use). So, in order to bootstrap the new excel data to the same entity, you will have to do a slight change i.e. disable the IF node or change the IF condition  (for the next code publish then revert back the change) defined within the automatically created Bootstrap action (flow) mapped to the respective Entity Bootstrap Timer.

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Thank you Benjith Sam .

Your answer is exactly what I looking for.

Regards

Billy

mvp_badge
MVP

You are welcome, Billy.

Glad to help you :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam