Views
Comments
[DB Cleaner on Steroids] syntax for ORACLE
Forge component by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes
Published on 11 Dec 2020
Application Type
Traditional Web

sql Statement syntax not supported at ORACLE Database.

for example at server action (DeleteApplicationVersion)

sql Statement =

DELETE ossys@APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION WHERE ossys@APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION.[APP_VERSION_ID] = @ApplicationVersionId;

while working sql Statement at ORACLE =

DELETE {extAPP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION} WHERE {extAPP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION}.[APP_VERSION_ID] = @ApplicationVersionId

should we change manually all sql Statement in DBCleanerOnSteroids manually to follow ORACLE syntax or there is configuration somewhere we can select type of Database

DBCleanerSQL.png

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Nadzir. Thanks for the report.

You can change the queries as a workaround. However I don't understand why the original query doesn't work. Do you know why?

As a side note, I believe you're using an extension on your workaround, and that will use 1 application object per entity. This component is sometimes used in very constrained environments with a low AO budget. So I would rather try to find an alternate solution, then we can fix it on a new component version.

mvp_badge
MVP

Giving it more thought, I think the issue with Oracle may be caused by the square brackets in the attribute name. Could you try removing the brackets?

DELETE ossys@APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION WHERE ossys@APP_VERSION_MODULE_VERSION.APP_VERSION_ID = @ApplicationVersionId;