Views
Comments
[Data Grid Web] Unable to get the contents of the row using the get_checkedRows()
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Published on 14 Dec 2020
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello,

I'm getting a "TypeError: Cannot read property 'dataItem' of undefined" when I try to retrieve the contents of the row using the get_checkedRows() method after I have applied a sort / filter / navigate to a new page on the grid. 

Also the event is being called twice for some reason. Attaching the stack trace here. 

I understand this issue. It might possibly mean that the elements that I am trying to access are no longer available in the DOM. But how do I get around it?

_osjs.js?11_10_0_22910:5 TypeError: Cannot read property 'dataItem' of undefined

at GridPanel.getCellData (WijmoGridJS.js?59:14)

at Object.getCellValue (GridFramework.js?59:8145)

at getSelectedRowsData (JSIssueTest.js?89:37)

at eval (eval at <anonymous> (_osjs.js?11_10_0_22910:18), <anonymous>:2:12)

at eval (<anonymous>)

at _osjs.js?11_10_0_22910:18

at Function.globalEval (_osjs.js?11_10_0_22910:18)

at OsEvaluateUserJavaScript (_osjs.js?11_10_0_22910:5)

at OsExecuteJSONUpdate (_osjs.js?11_10_0_22910:5)

at OsJSONUpdate (_osjs.js?11_10_0_22910:5)

Can anyone help me on this issue? Thanks.

Staff

Hello Shrikant,

Let me see if we can reproduce that problem so we can try to help finding the solution,

Thanks,

Bruno Martinho

Staff

Hello Shrikant,

Could you explain to me what do you want to achieve? Maybe I can find an alternative for you.

Explaining the code:

• get_checkedRows: Return the rows selected, line by line, for all grid's pages.
  • getCellData: Return the cell content. There is a trick here, grid will always have lines from 0 to at most pageSize.

Although get_checkedRows could return 1000 rows for you, if your pageSize is set to 50, you can access only 50 of them by getCellData, considering a index from 0 to pageSize.

The index returned by the get_checkedRows seems to be the index on the sourceCollection, and you can access by GridOS.GridObject[0].grid.itemsSource.sourceCollection[<index here>].

Hope I could help you

Ricardo Valim