Views
Comments
How to set timer days using mobile application

How to set timer days using mobile application

Champion

Hi Swapnil,

Can you elaborate the question and provide example of what you want to do ?

Hi

I think you already asked the same question in the post below.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/67966/how-to-set-timer-customize/

Why open a new discussion?

Kind Regards,

hello sir, 

I am timer time update but how can am set timer days updated through mobile application.

(example: Monday , Friday)

that's why I added new question.

Hello Swapnil,

Hope you're doing well.

Timers can only be executed server side. This means that the Timer has to be bound to a server action. Even if you are working on a mobile application, a Timer will execute asynchronous logic server side.

If you want to schedule a Timer, you can do it directly in Service Studio or in Service Center.

Service Studio:

In your module, go to Timer's properties and click Schedule.

This opens a popup where you can schedule it.

As an example, this Timer is set to run everyday at 10:30.

Service Center:

Go to your module, click in Timers and choose the Timer that you want to configure.

Then you can schedule it according to your needs.

As an example, this Timer is set to run everyday at 10:30.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hello Rui sir,

I am already set my timer time from server side. but i want update timer time through the my mobile application. is it possible

Champion

Hi Swapnil,

You can set timer on schedule, but it will be not cost efficient.

The concept is you run the timer every 24 hours, but add logic to check your database for the scheduled days that you want to run

This is the concept

Hello there Swapnil,

Yes it is possible, but you will have to change System entites (which is not entirely recommended).

Basically, if you check the System entity Cyclic_Job_Shared, you have the execution information of your Timers, including the Schedule and the Next_Run attributes.

You can control the Timer schedule and next execution by updating these values (for your Timer).

Also, you have the System entity Meta_Cyclic_Job where you can find the definition information of your Timer:

Most likely, you will need to find your Timer in Meta_Cyclic_Job entity and join it with Cyclic_Job_Shared entity by Meta_Cyclic_Job_Id. After that, you will be able to change the Schedule and Next_Run attributes accordingly to your needs.

However, like I said, changing System entities data is not entirely recommended.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas