Views
Comments
Webblock not fetching correct data

I want to fetch correct data from web blocks. Apparently Data it fetches is incorrect in absence of filters

And if you add filters it does not fetch any data  

adding photos for reference

Hi Albatross,

It can be one of the cases:

1 - There are no records in the database, for the input parameters specifically.

2 - Some join is incorrect, in this case, you could send your .OML for analysis please.

Regards.

Attaching oml for Reference

UI.oml

Champion

Hi, friend. 

The image 2 suggest that you are not using the input parameters in the block scope. Check that inside the aggregate filters.

As agno said, it can be some error in the join conditions as well.

Tip. Be careful with the number of entities in the aggregate. They can made your development much harder.

Kind regards

I have uploaded Oml. Could you please check?

Champion

I think there is possibly inconsistencies in the aggregate. To help you, we need to know exactly what you want do with this data.

Take a look at the pictures and see if it helps

Hi, Albatross

Can you check the filter. It looks like you didn't use the input parameter.

Kind Regards,

I have uploaded oml. Could you please check?

Hi

Because of missing dependency, I don't know your table struct. I assume you have to add a filter like this

and also pass the correct input parameter from the Screen to WebBlock.

Kind  Regards,

QuizApp.oml

HI 

I added the filter, But I can't decide what value do you want to pass to WebBlock for you,
It depends on your logic

Kind Regards,

UI.oml

Champion

Hi Albatross,

Please follow the below steps to solve your issue 

1. Mark both input fields as a mandatory (QuizLevelIdentifier and QuizSubjectId)

2. Inside your GetQuizQuestionsandAnswerById us filter as shown below 

3. Use that webblock inside the screen and assign the correct value (QuizLevelIdentifier and QuizSubjectId)

Please refer the attached OML 

Hope this will help you 

Regards,

-VS-

UI.oml

Thank you for your inputs.

Another doubt, If i apply filters it gives blank data. If I remove filters it shows 1st question of Quiz.

Any idea why this happens?

Hi Albatross,

The joins in your aggregate are right and don't have any issue. Also I had applied the filter and they are working fine. Please refer the below screen shot. It looks like when you are passing the values to the filter parameters either they are having null or incorrect values for this reason might be you are not able to fetch the data. Please try to debug the values you are passing to the block and make sure passing right values.

When passing both filter parameters as Nullidentifier, there is no record to show.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

Champion

Hi Albatross, 

For that you need to check below points

1. Please check the data you have stored inside in entity, the id stored in entity should be proper and the join inside your aggregate. (Make sure QuizSubjectId attribute inside "QuizquestionsansAnswer" entity, QuizLevelId attribute inside "QuizquestionsansAnswer" and QuizLevelId attribute inside "Quiz" entity should not be null).

2. If you feel your join and value is correct in entity then select the appropriate value from "Test Values"

Hope this will help you

Regards

-VS-

Will check Thanks