Views
Comments
Solved
No Return from an extension to Reactive Web App, Traditional App works fine
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.10.8 (Build 37957)

I've created the most simple extension to test in an reactive web application. In the reactive web application the result of the extension won't show up. 

I created a traditional web application with the same extension and result directly shows up.

Is there a different appraoch for reactive web app?

Thanks!

Solution

My experience in reactive web applications is that extension returns are first evaluated when they are used. Try adding the result to a page. Is it displayed then ?

Hi Jurgen,

can you please more explain about your problem what type of extension your created and what are the input and output parameter of  your extension. i think there is no difference is using extension in   reactive web application  and Traditional web application.

Thanks

CV sharma

Hi Jurgen, 

It is difficult to understand your issue just from your question.

Can you share the oml file? or provide more information. 

Kind Regards,

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jurgen,

In an extension you can create server actions. If you after create the extension add the dependency to your Reactive Module they should be visible on the Logic tab under the folder Server Actions, and can be used in server and client actions. Extension actions should work the same in RWA as in TWA

So what do you mean "the result doesn't show up", you get an error message, or the output parameters are not the same value as when you use it in a TWA?

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you for your time. In the attachment a test project.

Knutsel.zip

Hi Jurgen,

Good afternoon!

May I kindly ask if did you try to check in Service Center in General or Error log that you find unusual?

Also, I notice that your extension has only 1 output parameter, but the server action have two output parameters.

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Jurgen, 

Because I'm using the personal environment, so I can't run your test app.

But it looks perfect to me, It should works on RWA too.

Can you elaborate on what is mean about "result of the extension won't show up",

You got an error, or get the empty result?

Kind Regards,

I'm expecting a default value from the function Actkion1 in the extension. But that's not returned.

Didn't find an error in the log.

:

The Extension is OK. No messages to show.

Thanks for the help, but is still a mistery

Solution

My experience in reactive web applications is that extension returns are first evaluated when they are used. Try adding the result to a page. Is it displayed then ?