Views
Comments
Solved
Problem with multible reference to one Static Entity
Application Type
Reactive

Dear Community,

I am pretty new to OutSystems, but like it a lot.

During an application development I run into a problem, of which I do not know whether it is a bug or I just do something wrong.

I stripped the problem down to a very simple example.

There is a Static Entity called Companies, containing 2 Records (Company1 and Company2)
(Note: in the non-working example the companies are called Firma)

The TD (Test_Dropdown) entity just has a Reference and two references to the Company Static Entity, since the companies are the same.

Pulling the TD entity from Data ot a screen, does its OutSystems magic and created the two screens.
But in the list screen without ToCompany, which needed to be added manually from the DATA->TD entity.

Unfortunately it works in the detail screen but not in the list screen

For hours I did Trial and Error, revisiting videos and other documentation, but without success.

Finally I could only get it to work by creating two Static Entities (Companies1 and Companies2) with the same content.

Since I did find any hint or information that this would not work and all example show it that way, I am not sure what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Guenter

20210204Testdropdown3.oml

Solution

HI Guenter  

It's a very interesting topic. It looks OutSystems accelerator doesn't support this issue.

You have to add the second column manually. It's not difficult and makes more sense than create the same Static Entity twice.

Modified OML file attached.

Kind Regards

Solution

Hello Guenter,

The issue is in your aggregate on your list screen, you need to join twice with your company table, once for the to company and once from the from company. I added the adjusted oml below 

Solution

Hi Guenter,

Welcome to the OutSystems community!

Looking to your OML, I noticed you're just joining with Companies on the From attribute, you need to join it twice, one with the From and another one for the To attribute:

Now, you have the To field to fill in the table:

OML in attachment with the changes above.

Good luck,

João

Solution

Hello Guenter,

The issue is in your aggregate on your list screen, you need to join twice with your company table, once for the to company and once from the from company. I added the adjusted oml below 

Solution

HI Guenter  

It's a very interesting topic. It looks OutSystems accelerator doesn't support this issue.

You have to add the second column manually. It's not difficult and makes more sense than create the same Static Entity twice.

Modified OML file attached.

Kind Regards

You guys are great. Thanks a lot.

My mistake seemed to be that I thought this will happen automatically.