[Ciphered Local Storage Plugin] Component improvement - remove need to uninstall app before update to ciphered app
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Mobile

Hello,

Since asking your end-users to uninstall an application before installing a new version might be too cumbersome, I propose that this component is fixed so that the update to a ciphered app happens as smoothly as possible.

I've forked your repo and did a small change in the window.sqlitePlugin.openDatabase function:

• When the return originalOpenDatabase.call ends in an error, the error callback function is responsible for deleting the current local database and recalling the sqlitePlugin.openDatabase method.

I've already tested and the app update happens smoothly, without any errors of any kind.

If you're interested. please check my fork here.

Cheers,

David

Hi David, so we will not be using the Ciphered Local Storage Plugin instead we will add this link 

https://github.com/DavidSousa/cordova-outsystems-secure-sqlite-bundle in Extensibility Configurations?

Champion

Hi Joseph,

This is just an update request to the team of this component, I think you should keep using the original github repo since I won't be maintaining my repo in the future for other updates.

If you really need this improvement I think it's better to fork it to your own repository and do the changes there.

Cheers

Hello David,

How can we get the Database Name? I ask this because to use this function:

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.