Views
Comments
Solved
LifeTime validation error: Input string was not in a correct format.
Question

I get this error while trying to deploy Application X to our test environment through LifeTime. After clicking on validate, I get this error message: 

This happens on some of our applications, not all of them. We are in the middle of upgrading to Platform Server 11.

I've uploaded a solution of all the modules to the Test environment. For the upgrade I did a fix in Development, and I want to deploy this to Test.

Platform version Development + Test: Version 11.10.2 (Build 25738)
Platform version LifeTime: Feb. 2019 (Version 11.0.307.0)

I see that our LifeTime is not on the latest version, but I thought the compatibility of LifeTime is not an issue (Right?).

Full error stack:

Solution

Hi, 

If i can remember correctly this bug has been resolved a long time ago. You state that your LifeTime version is from FEB 2019, which is almost over 2 years old and 23 versions behind the current version

My advise would be to upgrade the lifetime server to the latest version:

https://www.outsystems.com/Downloads/search/LifeTime/

Kind regards,

Bas

Also:

I see that our LifeTime is not on the latest version, but I thought the compatibility of LifeTime is not an issue (Right?).

Correct, LifeTime can Manage Various versions of the Platform Server, but the logic of creating and executing deployment plans can contain bugs and is regularly updated by OutSystems in the form of LifeTime updates. I would suggest to implement an update policy that updates LifeTime at least once per quarter.

Hi Bas,

Correct math ;-)

I now see the following for our platform version

Thanks for the advice!

No Problem and good luck deploying tor application! 

(In the Meantime, you could always do it manually via a solution export/import), but only do that if it really has priority.