Views
Comments
Change mobile app name using Extensibilities
Question

Hello,
I was looking for a way to change the mobile application name (name that appears in the store and after installation). I know that we can change it by changing the Outsystems application name directly, unfortunately we already have another project/web application with the same name.

Is there a way to change the mobile application name using Extensibilities or any other way?

Hello Hugo,

See this POST, I hope it helps in some way.

Best Regards.

Hello there Hugo,

Hope you're doing well.

To be honest, I don't think it is possible to change the name of the application using the Extensibility Configurations.

If you want to change the name from the OutSystems side, you will need to change the name directly in the application (in Service Studio).

If your objective is to control the name that appears in the stores and after installation, it also depends where you want to submit.

If you're going to submit it to the Google Play Store, they allow you to manage the name of your application in the developer console, so you can customize it.

If you're going to submit it to the App Store, unfortunately the name is strictly dependent of the IPA file, so you'll need to have the correct name by the time you are submitting the file. And you can only change the name of the application with a new submission of a new IPA file.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Agree with Rui Barradas,
App Identifier/Package-name is the only thing apart from Keystore & Certificates that matter for Appstore/Playstore to identify our build against any Application.
As far as for name it can be changed from the Application name itself.