Unable to edit systems entity

I want to edit this entity so that i could add my own attributes .. so that all registration and login functionality could work.

uneditable.JPG

Solution

HI Tapas,

It is not possible to update/edit system entity. Because system entity is have some internal reference and if you change the functionality break that's why outsystems not provided any modification mechanism to edit that entity. 

The only solution you need to create extensions entity.

Thanks 

CV sharma 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Tapas,

You can't edit System Entities, that would be an issue when you want to upgrade the platform to a new version.

What you need to do is to create an entity to extend the Users. Example you can create an UserExtended where the primary key is the UserId this way you have a 1 to 1 relation.

Hope this help.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello there Tapas,

Hope you're doing well.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to edit System entities (in this case, User entity).

What you can do in your scenario is to create another entity that is an Extension of the User entity.

Call it for instance UserExtension.

This new entity should have a 1:1 (1 to 1) relation with the User entity. In order to do that, the Id (primary key) of this new entity should be an User Identifier.

Please consider the following images:

This will allow you to create more attributes associated to a User.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

First question-

In User entity I wanted attributes:-

-ID

-FirstName

-LastName

- Email_Id

-Password

-Mobile Number

So, in UserExtension do I have to add all attributes that I wanted in User( like Id,fname, lname,email_id, password, Mobile_number) 

or I would only add those things in UserExtension which are missing from User (such as  FirstName and LastName)?

--------------------------------------

Second question-

What shall I do with other attributes in User which are not needed such as External_Id, Creation_Date etc?

---------------------------------------

Third question-  

Which entity attribute shall I call or which entity I have to call while creating Login/Registration form

how shall I use the attributes in the form properties?

I hope you understood what I wanted to ask.

Looking forward to your answer.

Thank you,

Tapas Pattnaik

whatToAssign.JPG

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

HI Tapas,

It is not possible to update/edit system entity. Because system entity is have some internal reference and if you change the functionality break that's why outsystems not provided any modification mechanism to edit that entity. 

The only solution you need to create extensions entity.

Thanks 

CV sharma 

Hi Tapas,

You cannot edit the system entity as this is maintained by OutSystems only.

You can create another entity which will contain the id of the System entity as the foreign key and other extra attributes that you wanted to add in the Systems entity.

You will need to keep in mind that on each create or update you will have to update the new extended entity for the corresponding System entity. This will help to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Unnati K

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.