[Data Grid Web] After pressing Delete in DATAGRID records are not deleted (part 2)
Forge component by OutSystems R&D

After marking records an a datagrid to be deleted, and press button delete the following message is shown:
'Data updated Successfully.'

But the records are not deleted.

Strange thing is that it works fine for me but when another user tries the same thing, the above situation occurs. In my siutation when everything works fine, the message is not shown but a refresh of the grid is in place

The Authentication is the problem. The Not_registered exception is raised. 

Must be something with session cookie settings but they are all the same.

Some debugging learned that a cookie nr2Users is fetched. But this one is always present so why it isn't always fetched is not clear to me.
It's kinda black box so help is appreciated.

Anyone an idea?

It seems that the problem is in the server-setting and an extra component which redirects calls from outside our domain. I don't know why but they don't like HTTP Delete and are blocking that.

So my question is solved.....out of scope from Outsystems ;-)

Thank everybody for helping out.

Hello Cees Van

Just to clear things out, Data Grid Web work with REST endpoints, and after deleting the registers a new fetch is done. If you want to do some debug the maybe you can start by the method bellow, this is the start to send removed rows.

GridOS.SelectionFeature.sendJsonRemovedElements

But I think I didn't get your error, could you please share a sample with us, or maybe an animated gif showing the errors happening?

Thanks

Ricardo Valim

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the reply.

I have given some detail information in en earlier post 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/67824/after-pressing-delete-in-datagrid-records-are-not-deleted/

Maybe this helps?

Kind regards,

Cees

Setting the HTTP Method to DELETE in the properties of the button didn't help.
This was mentioned as a possible solution in my previous question.

Ok. So it works fine from within an VDI setip.

But when the application runs directly from a browser (EDGE or Chrome) the problem arises?

Where to look????????????

Hello @Cees van Oosten 

This seems to be a topic that will require more expertise than the ones of the Data Grid component and I will try to understand who can actually help with the question.

Meanwhile, let me see if I can be of any assistance. How is the REST endpoint configured in terms of authentication? Are you using None, Basic or Custom?

We are using custom authentication.

In the OnAuthentication we call GetUserLogged.

The GetUserLogged runs into an exception if not called from within a VDI environment.

Hope this will help. Thnaks inadvance

Hello,

Just a small sanity check, but the user provider is the same in the module where the application is running and the module that contains the REST endpoint?

It seems that the problem is in the server-setting and an extra component which redirects calls from outside our domain. I don't know why but they don't like HTTP Delete and are blocking that.

So my question is solved.....out of scope from Outsystems ;-)

Thank everybody for helping out.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.