Views
Comments
Solved
upload Excel data

Do you have a handy .OML file you can attach to this thread that I could fallow for this?  Im trying to create an upload from Excel file into a table

Champion
Solution

Hi Dan, 

It is what it says João, I attach oml from the previous example, with the implementation to upload excel.

Kind Regards, 

Jorge Orellana

ExcelSample.oml

Hi Dan,

Take a look at this video and this explanation from OutSystems documentation.

It is about bootstrapping an excel file into an entity and it will generate a similare action to yours.

You can follow from there.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

João

Champion

Hi Dan, 

In the OML that I attach in the previous problem, you have the logic to upload the excel file.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/68340/record-list-for-excel-export/

Kind Regards, 

Jorge Orellana

Yea. The bootstrap is not what I want.  I am trying to have a button so that I can upload data from an excel file.

This is what I have so far.  Im stuck on the point of trying to get the user to upload the file then call the action to import.  Don't know what to put in for file content or file name

Hi Dan,

You just need to create a local variable of type binary data to fill in File Content and one of text to pass on File Name.

The binary data variable, which holds the updated binary, should be the input for your ConvertExcel action.

The rest you seem to have it right, except the download in the end. Since you are importing, you just need to have an end node.

Kind Regards,

João

Champion
Solution

Hi Dan, 

It is what it says João, I attach oml from the previous example, with the implementation to upload excel.

Kind Regards, 

Jorge Orellana

ExcelSample.oml

Thanks for the OML.... thats what I needed.  I was missing a couple Binary var.. and did not understand were... but your example was perfect.  I could see what I was missing.

Thank you very much