Relate Tables with Foreign Keys Tutorial: Company DropDownList gen not explained

Relate Tables with Foreign Keys Tutorial: Company DropDownList gen not explained

Ok, you folks cheated.   :)

In the Relate Tables with Foreign Keys tutorial, we establish a relationship between Contacts and Company via  CompanyPkid.

This eventually leads to the  generation of a Company DropDownList on the Contact_Edit page.
You didn't explain how the platform knew to display the CompanyName for the CompanyId in the DropDownList.

?
Hi Frank,

The Platform tries to infer many things from the names and attribute definitions, and usually gets it right. For instance, if you create a variable whose name is "CreationDate", it'll probably make it a "Date" type by default :)

You can, however, make it display any other things asides from the name, by changing the "Source Attribute" property in the Drop-down widget.

Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
It pretty much answers the question, and I see changing Source Attribute working.  But I guess I was duped a bit because the platform itself
displayed CompanyName  at run time  yet it did not show the Source Attribute set to CompanyName  at design time.   It's empty / (None).
Hi Frank,

There's a Label property of the Entity that defines which attribute / column should be used in these cases (when drilling down from master to child entities - dropdowns, expressions, etc). 

When that property is not filled, as Paulo mentioned, the Agile Platform tries to deduct based on type of the attribute.
Cheers
Aha!    Thank you.          Outstanding.