Views
Comments
[InAppBrowser Plugin] IN APP BROWSER- Can we capture the UserN/Pass from a login screen opened in InAppBro?
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Published on 20 Jan 2021
Application Type
Mobile

Hi,

I am opening my login page on IN APP BROWSER.

Can I capture the user name and password from the login page and save the credentials on my keychain?

Why we need this?

For seemless login into other webpages from the mobile app once the user is logged in to the app.We will capture the username and password from login webpage and save it.then when user will open any other webpage post login in the background we will do login with the saved username and password, so that user dont have to explicitly login again.

Hello,

I’m not sure if the other apps are outsystems apps that you would like to login from background. If they are outsystems apps on the same environment, you could try single sign on between app types configuration and see if that works.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Secure_the_Applications/Configure_App_Authentication

Other apps are not Out systems app.they are non OutSystems web application.So is it possible to do Seam less login from OutSystems to a non OutSystems web page?

I think you need a Single Sign on Solution to all the apps if you want users to seamlessly login to all the apps. E.g. If you have ADFS or Azure AD login setup, you could use that to seamlessly login into OutSystems apps and non OutSystems apps. OutSystems allows you configure these directly onto OutSystems User Manager. Please read here for more information.

If you dont have any existing single sign on solution, You can look at different options like OKTA, AUTH0, Azure AD rather than saving username and password which is very bad solution in terms of security.