Pop up editor not refreshing parent screen
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.10 (Build 38782)
Platform Version
11.10.3 (Build 27323)

I have web screen with list of phone number. to add new phone number opening pop up editor and after addition closing editor.

Was trying to refresh phone number list when closing pop up editor.

Used OnNotify screen action of the pop up editor but not helping to refresh the phone number list.

Any idea how it can be achieved?

popupdialog.png

Hi Mangesh, you need add Popup Notify dependencies to acess this action, press ctrl + q and find Popup_Editor_Notify in RichWidgets

Now add this action before Popup_Close

In OnNotify manipule actions after close popup

Champion
Solution

Hi Mangesh,

On your Save button, use Popup_Editor_Notify action from the RichWidgets just before the Popup_Editor_Close action. Then in your parent screen's OnNotify action, use Refresh Data and Ajax Refresh to refresh your phone numbers list and show the updated data.

Your Save action should lool like this:

Let me know, if it works. Thanks !!!

In version 11.10.9 I am not getting Popup_editor_notify.

Thanks. Only thing I need to manage dependency for Popup_Editor_Notify. After that solution worked

Solution

Either set the OnClick Method to Ajax Submit and then use Refresh Data and Ajax Refresh widgets in your screen action or just send the user to the Current Screen again to refresh the page with new data.

Hi Manesh,

Good day!

Can you please share a screenshot of the logic  for the Save button or share an OML?

Or have a look at this demo.

Using a Popup in an OutSystems Traditional Web Application - YouTube 

Create and use a Popup - OutSystems

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Chris ,

Please find attached screen shot of Dialog save action

Regards,

Mangesh

Logicofsave.png

Champion
Solution

Hi Mangesh,

On your Save button, use Popup_Editor_Notify action from the RichWidgets just before the Popup_Editor_Close action. Then in your parent screen's OnNotify action, use Refresh Data and Ajax Refresh to refresh your phone numbers list and show the updated data.

Your Save action should lool like this:

Let me know, if it works. Thanks !!!

In version 11.10.9 I am not getting Popup_editor_notify.

Thanks. Only thing I need to manage dependency for Popup_Editor_Notify. After that solution worked

Hi Mangesh,

In addition to Shweta's response, I think you should add as well the below.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Chris

In my version I don't see 'Deprecated_NotifyMessage' option

No rich widget 'Popup_Editor_notify' options

Hi Mangesh, you need add Popup Notify dependencies to acess this action, press ctrl + q and find Popup_Editor_Notify in RichWidgets

Now add this action before Popup_Close

In OnNotify manipule actions after close popup

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.