Views
Comments
[Firebase Mobile] Push notification when the app is not in background
Forge component by David Sousa
Published on 23 Feb 2021
Application Type
Mobile

I am receiving a push notification when the app is in background, however when is not I don't receive unless I display a message in the FirebaseCloudMessaging newnotification event which is not the same thing. How to display the same push message?

Hi Filipe,

I think the same question was already posed here, perhaps you want to take a look at it.

From my experience, currently notifications are not processed when your application is offline.

Kind Regards,
João

No. My question is on the contrary. I am receiving push notifications when the app in on background. I want to display the same push notification when the app is on, not treat it.

Hi Filipe,

Ah! Now I understand your question.

From my experience, Firebase push notifications show when you have the app on foreground on iOS but the same is not true for Android (which I assume is the operative system of the device you are using with this behavior).

You're going to have the change to determine this behavior in a future version which is currently under development:

Either you can go ahead and download it or you can wait for this version to be marked as stable and then download it.

Kind Regards,
João