[Firebase Mobile] Push notification when the app is not in background
Forge component by David Sousa
Application Type
Mobile

I am receiving a push notification when the app is in background, however when is not I don't receive unless I display a message in the FirebaseCloudMessaging newnotification event which is not the same thing. How to display the same push message?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Filipe,

I think the same question was already posed here, perhaps you want to take a look at it.

From my experience, currently notifications are not processed when your application is offline.

Kind Regards,
João

No. My question is on the contrary. I am receiving push notifications when the app in on background. I want to display the same push notification when the app is on, not treat it.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Filipe,

Ah! Now I understand your question.

From my experience, Firebase push notifications show when you have the app on foreground on iOS but the same is not true for Android (which I assume is the operative system of the device you are using with this behavior).

You're going to have the change to determine this behavior in a future version which is currently under development:

Either you can go ahead and download it or you can wait for this version to be marked as stable and then download it.

Kind Regards,
João

Looking forward to that new version.

By the way my client's mobile app is using Firebase plugin with the current stable version (1.0.8), in Android when the application is being open most of the times it failed to wake the FirebaseCloudMessaging block event listener. So it only worked at the initial or when the mobile app is used for the first time, any clue regarding this issue?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.