[Firebase Mobile] Error installing Cordova plugin: cordova-plugin-firebase
Question
Forge component by David Sousa
Application Type
Mobile

I was trying to achieve push notification feature in a native Android mobile app. For this I was using the Firebase approach.

Used this component from forge

Firebase mobile - https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/4991/firebase-mobile

Followed a video tutorial for this process present on outsystems Youtube channel
video link - https://youtu.be/ygbu3AITS4k

I am getting an error as followed
 Have you seen this error before and thoughts on how to resolve it?

In Android on 02-12-2021 at 13:54:23 - Error installing Cordova plugin: cordova-plugin-firebase': Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir '/var/lib/builder/builds/eea5e5b8-30a2-454f-98e8-23e5a3a0e149/source/platforms/android/assets/www/google-services.
Please let me know if u need any more inputs from my side to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance

Champion
Solution

If you had follow the configuration guide correctly, you'd have seen that the zip folder name has to be 'google-services'

Cheers

David

Hi Hogirala,

Quick question. Did you follow the configuration guide?

IG

Hi IG,

Yes I have followed it and I am sure I have configured the json files correctly too

Thnx for the reply :)
Hemanth

Hi,

from the error it seems google-services.json is not found, have you uploaded it to resources folder and followed the configuration steps correctly??

Regards,

Swapnil

Hi Swapnil,

I am sure I have configured the json files correctly. But not sure where else I might have gone wrong

Thnx for the reply :)
Hemanth

Champion

Hey Hogirala,

If you followed the configuration guide then it should be working. Maybe you did something wrong during the steps.

Can you please share your oml/oap and the app identifier you're using?

Thnx David

Will upload my oml file here

PushNotificationsSolutionsvPushNotification.osp

Champion
Solution

If you had follow the configuration guide correctly, you'd have seen that the zip folder name has to be 'google-services'

Cheers

David

Hi,

I'm not sure, but I think if the app id is not right the same error will occur.

Confirm if you have the same value for the bundle_id/package name on the google-service.json and the app identifier on service studio. 

If they are not the same, it means that what you defined in the following image is probably not correct.

NOTE: if the app is available in 3 environments you need to create 3 google-service.json, 1 for each environment.

Regards

Hi
I rechecked for above error. I didnt come across any mistake of this kind

Thank you

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.