Views
Comments
Solved
How to include Radio Group Pattern in Native Web App

Hi guys,

I noticed a handy pattern that I would like to implement into my web app solution. But it seems it's only available for reactive solutions.

I tried to see if it was even visible in the dependencies to try and include but can't see it.

It seems to follow a different library, similar to dropdown/button.

Anyway for me to include on my web solution without too much hassle? Not sure why it is only Reactive native.

Thanks in advance,

Salim

Solution

Hi, Salim Chafaqui,

In order to use Radio Button Widget in Traditional Web App, you just need to use the same variable in all related Radio Buttons in your Screen.  This will make them work as a group.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Hello Salim,

Hope you're doing well.

Please check this documentation:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Traditional_Web_Patterns/Controls/Button_Group

It applies for Traditional Web :)

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Thanks Rui for the quick response.

Yes I noticed this one before but that is more of a button grid that a radio button group. Anyway of changing it to be the more like the radio group look/feel ?

Thanks

Solution

Hi, Salim Chafaqui,

In order to use Radio Button Widget in Traditional Web App, you just need to use the same variable in all related Radio Buttons in your Screen.  This will make them work as a group.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Here is an example of how can you use a List Record to make a Radio Group:

ButtonGroup.oml

Thanks, I suppose that is an alternative instead of the patterns itself. Hopefully they make it part of the library also would be nice!