[eMail Services] Discussion

[eMail Services] Discussion

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2010-12-22 by André Vieira
1 vote
Published on 2010-12-22 by André Vieira
How to add this to a current web app project?
thanks
Hi Ibrahima,

welcome to our community.

If you plan to send an email i would suggest you to check this training material because it teaches you how to send an email with the new features (it wasn't available in the platform when emailservives was developed)

To integrate your application with email services:
  1. Publish the espace email services in your server
  2. Go to Enterprise Manager and bootstrap the email services
  3. Give permissions to users to access the email services
  4. Configure your smtp server on Enterprise Manager
  5. add the reference to the public actions that email services has available, and publish your espace. 
  6. use it :)
If more help needed, just ask 

Cheers,
RNA
Hello Ibrahima,

In fact Ricardo Araújo is correct - from version 5.0 onwards the OutSystems platform has a built-in email designer and an email dispatching engine.
You should only use the eMailServices solution if you are looking at using the features other than the email design and dispatching (eg. Pop3 integration).

You can see a short summary of the built-in email capabilities of the OutSystems platform here.

[Edit: The content summarizing the email capabilities of the OutSystems platform was moved to a new post]

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems
Is this still the approach to take to receive emails from a POP3 account in v6.0? I know 6.0 can send emails, but I can't see a way to receive emails in it.

Thanks a lot
Hi Ian,

In order to read emails with POP3 you should still use this component. The OutSystems platform supports outgoing email design and dispatching (see my post above about this), but reading from a repository with the POP3 protocol must be done with this component.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems
Hi Daniel - the download says it needs Enterprise Manager 5.1, but that's not a part of 6.0. It's flagging up the following missing references:
  • Crypto
  • Enterprise
  • EnterpriseManager
  • EnterpriseManagerCfg
So, I've got it open but can't run it. Any ideas?
Also, I've just noticed that there's a RichMail component or part of the system, and that can receive POP3 messages - it looks like that component replaces the need for this Email Services component. Is that right?
Is there a version of this component for AP 6/7?

Best regards,
PC
Hi,

I want to use this component to retrieve emails from gmail account. But while calling "Pop3GetMails" action, the system throws "The connection was terminated while reading data from the server" error.

Pop3GetMails action Parameters:
  • Server: pop.gmail.com
  • UserName: gmail user id
  • Password: password
  • Port: 995
  • Secured Protocol: SSL2 / SSL3 / None
  • Max Mails: 1
  • Max Mails: False
Am I miising something?

Please advise.

Regards,
Sagar Nannaware

Sagar Nannaware wrote:

Hi,

I want to use this component to retrieve emails from gmail account. But while calling "Pop3GetMails" action, the system throws "The connection was terminated while reading data from the server" error.

Pop3GetMails action Parameters:
  • Server: pop.gmail.com
  • UserName: gmail user id
  • Password: password
  • Port: 995
  • Secured Protocol: SSL2 / SSL3 / None
  • Max Mails: 1
  • Max Mails: False
Am I miising something?

Please advise.

Regards,
Sagar Nannaware

Hi Sagar,

Did you find out what was causing this? I'm having the same issue.

Regards Nuno Gonçalves