Translation on iOS not working

Hello,

I'm developing an mobile app using OutSystems 11. I noticed that all components that are native from my device are not being translated on iOS, only Android. My device's language is set to Portuguese.

The calendar on date inputs:

The functions when selecting text:

Is there a way to use this according to the device language? Or set it to an specific language. I'm only translating the core and data (set locale), the mobile layer is directly done in portuguese. 

All the apps that I have on my phone show this in portuguese, so I know it is not an issue of my device.

If possible, I would like to accomplish this without adding a new plug in to the app.

Thanks in advance,

Tarek

Solution

Hi,

You can try these steps:

1. Download the cordova plugin from this github (https://github.com/dvaellop/cordova-plugin-edit-plist-file).
  2. Edit the "plugin.xml" file manually and add any string you need in the array. 
  3. Zip with this structure (file .zip -> directory -> files).
  4. Import the zip file to the resources folder of the OutSystems mobile project.
  5. Add to the extensibility configuration the following:
  6. Generate the IOS app.

I don't know another way to resolve this issue. :-( I hope it is useful.

Kind regards, David.

Hi,

Did the solution work for you? I would like to know if you had any problem.

Kind regards, David.

Hi David,

I still haven't had time to test your approach, hopefully next monday I will be able to try it out. As soon as I try it, I'll respond in here.

Thanks in advance,

Tarek

Have you been able to solve this issue? I have the same problem in all my mobile apps

No, I haven't...

Anyone?

Solution

Hi,

You can try these steps:

1. Download the cordova plugin from this github (https://github.com/dvaellop/cordova-plugin-edit-plist-file).
  2. Edit the "plugin.xml" file manually and add any string you need in the array. 
  3. Zip with this structure (file .zip -> directory -> files).
  4. Import the zip file to the resources folder of the OutSystems mobile project.
  5. Add to the extensibility configuration the following:
  6. Generate the IOS app.

I don't know another way to resolve this issue. :-( I hope it is useful.

Kind regards, David.

Hi,

Did the solution work for you? I would like to know if you had any problem.

Kind regards, David.

Hi David,

I still haven't had time to test your approach, hopefully next monday I will be able to try it out. As soon as I try it, I'll respond in here.

Thanks in advance,

Tarek

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.