Error- Invalid Espace 

Error- Invalid Espace 

i created the sample project & its worked fine on my system.Then i get all the files from local system(aspx etc) and pasted on another system.In that system i created the virtual directory and refer the path where i pasted the files.from the Inetmgr i right click on login screen and given browse i get the error which was shown on the image. i installed outsystem on that systems then get the backup of DB from my system and restored on that system[both are sql2005].
Please send the suggestion regarding this issue and also in this case how to change the connection string of DB. 
Dear Devaraj,

Such an error would indicate that your eSpace isn't registered in the database - which is strange, since it will become registered in the database as soon as it is published in the Agile Platform, through Service Studio.

It would seem to me that there is some sort of misbehavior in your Agile Platform installation, since migrating an Agile Platform application between servers should be as simple as installing a new Agile Platform server, and redeploying the eSpaces in it. Have you done that?

If you could tell us what steps have you taken, and what exactly are you trying to achieve with these steps, it would be easier for us to try and assist you. Same goes for the connection string problem.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Devaraj -

Doing a copy/paste of the ASPX files from one server to another is not the way to transfer the application. You need to install the Platform Server on the destination machine, and you can either publish to it from Service Studio, or you can go to Service Center to deploy the file. You best bet is to go to you local Service Center, package the eSpace as a "Solution" (which will get all of the dependencies), download the Solution, and then go to the destination server's Service Center and deploy the Solution file.

J.Ja
Thank for your Reply

As per Justin James Reply we got some doubts
1.The destination (system or server) must install the Outsystems.Is it Correct?
2.When ever we move the source to destination we should deployed the source in destination, correct?
3.Can you please tell steps to deploy through Service Center?
4.i m developed the application using the system12(for backend sql).I moved  the source of application to another system there i have to connect the system13(for sql).In this case i have to open the solution file in destination system then go to configuration tool change the connection as System13 and we give the deploy in service studio. Is this process correct?

for Paulo Tavares 
My requirement is i created the small application in systemA with back end sql connection in SystemX.Now i want to move the application in server with back end sql on SystemY.What are the steps to follow the process and Is it need to install the Outsystem in server?

Again thanks for your reply

Devaraj -

1. Correct.
2. Incorrect. You DO NOT deploy "source" (.aspx, .cs, .dll, etc.). You perform a "publish" from Service Studio, or deploy a Solution file through Service Center that you created in Service Center.
3. Go to Service Center->Factory, and click the eSpace that you've deployed. From there, you can create a Solution and download it. It is a pretty self-explanatory process.
4. When you configure on System13, you can choose whatever SQL Server you want. Keep in mind that if you change it from the default, you will need to use the Configuration Tool (under "Outsytems" on the Start Menu) to create the databases, set permissions, and so on.
5. (in answer to your question to Paulo) Any server that you deploy an Agile Platform eSpace to MUST have the Platform Server installed. You do not need the rest of the system, but the standalone install of Platform Server is much more work than the full package installation. HOWEVER, you do NOT need the Platform Server installed to host the database on a server. You just need a compatible DB (SQL Server, or SQL Server Express for all editions; the paid editions can also work with Oracle) installed, and on the server that you are deploying the eSpace to, use the Configuration Tool to create and configure the databases.

thanks for your Reply..

1.When we go to Service Center Factory-Espace (selecting the espace) we have a button Download Published Version.By Clicking the button we get oml file.so again we go to the Destiniation system or server we should open that oml file in service studio then click 1 click deploy for deploy the application in server.
Is it Correct Flow ?
2.there is no Entites refrence for the application in Server.So i go to Configuration tool screen change server  and [from the default "Outsystem"] catalog name where the entities exist  to connect the sql database.In these case we get error like they search the sys_parameter etc. file in that catalog.

Please give the flow of executing the application on server using the Existing DB in details.

Hi Devaraj,

1 - Yes, the way to do it is to download the eSpace - or Solution, as Justin explained - and publish it in the new server. Actually, if you want to learn more about it, I recommend reading through these two documents which explain it thoroughly: "How-To Migrate a Project to a Production Environment" and "Migration to Another Server". These should help you in the process.

2 - If you want to use an existing database with the Agile Platform, you are probably thinking of integrating with an existing database. If that's the case, do read - and watch the video on - the topic about integrating with an existing SQL Server, Using an External Entity, or How To Connect to MySQL using OutSystems.

I hope these help. We do have a lot of information on these topics throughout the forums, and it can be hard to find. I encourage you to let us know if you cannot find something you are looking for using our Google-powered Search Engine.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares