User login Page appears even for Anonymous webscreen
Question

Hi,

I have set my WebScreen to anonymous. When I right-click choose "Open in Browser", it takes me to the Application login page. Please advise why I could not access the page without authentication. 

Regards,

Abira

Is it possible to include a screenshot of your screen that you tried to open including the roles?

Greetings,

Nick

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Abira, 

Is that possible for you to share some screenshot or sample oml?

Can you clear the browser cache and try again?

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Hi All,

Please find the below screenshot. Yes, I cleared the browser cache and tried but still, it goes to the login page. Please help. 

Anonymousissue.jpg

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello there Abira,

Hope you're doing well.

Can you please verify if you are accessing to that specific page QRValidation? Did you try to access to that page directly using the page link in the browser?

For Traditional Web App:

https://<your-environment>/<espace-name>/QRValidation.aspx

For Reactive Web App:

https://<your-environment>/<espace-name>/QRValidation

It may be the case that you are using an Entry Point that it is redirecting to another page. Can you share your OML so we can take a look?

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

I am using https://<your-environment>/<espace-name>/QRValidation.aspx. Yet it redirects to the login page. Sorry I cannot share the OML. Is there any other way this redirection is possible?

Regards,

Abira

Hi Abira.

Try to update references and publish again.

If the issue persists check servicecenter if there is an error.

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Here some screenshot of how to do it:

Then refresh and apply

And publish again.

Regards,

´Gonçalo Almeida

Hi all,

I debugged the application and found when a security exception is thrown the application is set to go to the login page. But why accessing this page throws a security exception?

Regards,

Abira

Hi Rui,

I have mentioned the Page's role as Anonymous. Even then why it checks for the role? 

By the way in the service center logs, I get "Empty authorization header" and "Invalid Authentication token " error.

Regards,

Abira

mvp_badge
MVP

Trying to open the application directly from the browser gives the same result? 

Are you behind a firewall, load balancer, vpn or something like that, that could be messing with the request? 

Seems in the screen you are using some weblock that is validating something and is raising the exception. Remove all weblocks from the screen and try it again.

Regards 

Gonçalo Almeida

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Gonçalo, 

This is indeed another possibility, and a good one. 

But the error message in Service Center is a bit weird, if it was the case of a security exception, unless they are trying to do some type of external login? 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Abira, 

I will assume this is a traditional web application (by the screenshot). 

If not, let me know. 

You have the anonymous set, and you don't have a preparation. 

No security exception should be triggered in this scenario when trying to hit this screen. 

Do you have an On Session Start system action implemented that is verifying user roles and triggering a security exception? 

If you have, this could explain this behaviour.

Can you check the Logic tab to see if this server action is implemented? 

Champion

Hi Abira,

Two options:

1. Debug the code. Find why the security exception is occurring.
  2. Delete login screen and remove the errors. Check if you have all screen as anonymous. 

Regards,

David Castro

Hi Edurado,

There is no on session start action in the system actions. Only the attached actions are used from system

AI1.jpg

mvp_badge
MVP

On Session start is defined on your logic tab. 

Anyway, the error you mention seems something related to rest authentication... 

It seems a problem with your server configuration maybe? 

Did you tried creating a basic application with a single module and a single anonymous page, to see if you can reach the page? 

Abira

Has we are facing a security exception, this error usually is logged to the servicecenter, and has you can not share the oml, please go to servicecenter -> monitoring -> Error, open the error and share a screenshot with the detail of the error in order we can understand what is causing it.

Otherwise, we don't know what we are looking for.

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.