Can I Use External Plugin Or Theme Template In Outsystem?
Question

Hello i'm newbie here can i use external plugin theme or other plugin like using wordpress plugin ? thanks for the help

Yes and no ??

Yes
You can use a theme from other library, but you need create the components used by the theme in OutSystems.
For example, it is common for wordpress themes use Boostrap UI framework, in this case, OutSystems UI already have some similar components with same css classes, example .btn .btn-primary.

But for dropdowns, accordions and others, they need to be crateated.

No
Import css and js, it is a hard work believe in me, I alredy feeled this needs and this is the reason Why outsystems UI framework was created :)

What it is common is follow the UI visual rules from the theme that you want to important and apply the same styles on top of outsystems UI, already have UI components similar to Bootrap.

You can also extend the UI Framework and create your own components.

Me and my team already create more that 100 components compatible with outsystems uUI framework.
https://www.hi-interactive.com/hi-components

Regards

hi Marvin,

You can try using the available themes that are there in Forge and build an app using the downloaded theme.

Regards,

Shilpa

Hi marvin,

For external plugin you need to create extension of that plugin and then you can use in outsystems.

Thanks 

CV sharma 

Can I Use Wordpress Theme For Example For Developing Reactive or Traditional Web ?

and thanks for the information i will try it

Yes and no ??

Yes
You can use a theme from other library, but you need create the components used by the theme in OutSystems.
For example, it is common for wordpress themes use Boostrap UI framework, in this case, OutSystems UI already have some similar components with same css classes, example .btn .btn-primary.

But for dropdowns, accordions and others, they need to be crateated.

No
Import css and js, it is a hard work believe in me, I alredy feeled this needs and this is the reason Why outsystems UI framework was created :)

What it is common is follow the UI visual rules from the theme that you want to important and apply the same styles on top of outsystems UI, already have UI components similar to Bootrap.

You can also extend the UI Framework and create your own components.

Me and my team already create more that 100 components compatible with outsystems uUI framework.
https://www.hi-interactive.com/hi-components

Regards

Hello David Marques,  Thanks For The Information I Will Try To Use The Hi-Component

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.