Integrate DayPilot in Outsystems

Integrate DayPilot in Outsystems

I want to Use DayPilot as plangrid in outsystems but have problems integrating it. For the DotNet assembly of the control I can import the code from the dll in an extension. So far so good. But how do I get the actual controls as widgets integrated in outsystems?

I Hope someone can push me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Dick Dokter
Hey there,

If I understand correctly DayPilot provides ASP.NET User Controls which are not supported by the Agile Platform.

What I would suggest is that you search for an alternative control which runs client side and which you will be able to integrate easily. A few that come to mind are, and I haven't tested it myself but they should be possible to incapsulate in a web block and a couple of "special" web screen that end in a download node for the JSON data.

You can also take a look at this post for some more info on third party controls in the Agile Platform:

Best Regards,

Any sample on how to return JSON data ?
We want to use wdCalendar and that is fully based on PHP and arrays...

How to serialize tha data returned by a webscreeen. I've seen some info on TextToBinary (?)

This is a part of the PHP source to feed the calendar:

function listCalendarByRange($sd, $ed){
  $ret = array();
  $ret['events'] = array();
  $ret["issort"] =true;
  $ret["start"] = php2JsTime($sd);
  $ret["end"] = php2JsTime($ed);
  $ret['error'] = null;
    $db = new DBConnection();
    $sql = "select * from `jqcalendar` where `starttime` between '"
      .php2MySqlTime($sd)."' and '". php2MySqlTime($ed)."'";
    $handle = mysql_query($sql);
    //echo $sql;
    while ($row = mysql_fetch_object($handle)) {
      //$ret['events'][] = $row;
      //$attends = $row->AttendeeNames;
      //  $attends .= $row->OtherAttendee;
      //echo $row->StartTime;
      $ret['events'][] = array(
        0, //more than one day event
        0,//Recurring event,
 }catch(Exception $e){
     $ret['error'] = $e->getMessage();
  return $ret;
Hi Joop,

Well, one way you can try to get it to work is to follow the steps in this post, where Daniel explains how to download the data from a webscreen, and instead of using the SWF content from that example, return the JSON string.

If the JSON string is not static, you could as well try to retrieve it from a web page, in runtime, but that is a bit more complex.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Paulo Tavares
Hello Joop,

I have worked with jquery week calendar solution and I think its have a page that "export" a Json string.

This solution its implemented like the one you refer. if you check this one you should be able to copy to yours.