Install Server in Plesk

Install Server in Plesk

I am new to the service Studio 5.1 and wanted to ask whether it is possible to install the source files on a Plesk server? If so how can I do this?

If this is not possible, I can put it on my existing Windows Server Install? On the server domains are already online.

P.s.: Translate with Google from German to English ;-)

Hi Peter,

As far as I know, Plesk limits the server memory to the physically available one. It wont let you set virtual memory. Therefore all applications (OutSystems or otherwise) simply crash if you reach the memory limits.

I know this is true for virtual dedicated servers. Therefore I wouldn't recommend virtual dedicated servers with Plesk at all.

Let's say you have a server with 1GB of memory. You will not be able to setup any virtual memory, Plesk prevents you to do so. This means that Windows will take half your memory and SQL Server the other half. Therefore, any app you try to execute afterward will simply crash.

Thank you for Answer.

Can i only the aspx Script run in Plesk or need i the Service Center Server?
Hi Peter, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

Indeed, to use the Agile Platform you must deploy the Agile Platform Server to run applications developed in the Agile Platform. Applications developed in Service Studio will only deploy to an Agile Platform Server.

Regarding running native aspx .Net applications in Plesk, I do not have an answer, but I suspect that it will suffer from the same problems.

Paulo Tavares