PROCESSES -AUTOMATED REMINDERS
Application Type
Reactive

Hi. This is the problem: The system must send automated reminders to clients if a proof of payment is not attached at least 2 days before their booking date (the day they visit the hospital)

How do I implement this process so that it runs daily at midnight and checks all bookings without a proof of payment that are due in 2 days time from today and send the email.

Thank you

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Rudo,

You can do this in two ways:

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi RUDO MURIEL MUNYAVI,

I can see two ways of doing what you want:

1. You create a Server Action that performs those checks, and then define a new Timer (in the Processes tab of Service Studio) to call that Server Action at midnight every day (you can schedule a timer to your liking)
  2. You define the entire sequence of steps in a Business Process, such that at some point you Wait until either (booking date - 2 days) or (proof of payment received) and then check what happened in order to decide what to do next.

The first option is more ad-hoc and quicker to implement. The second is probably more complete, and better in the long term, in that you model the entire process, but will require you to learn BPT (Business Process Technology, OutSystems approach to Business Process Modeling), and have a well defined process in your organization.

Hope this helps!

Hi. Thank you for the answers,  I chose option 1. So the timer is triggering the process. However I am stuck on Input parameters. My process requires the name and email address and from the trigger I can't add input parameters on timers which I will pass from the process. screenshot attached

1.PNG

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Rudo,

You can do this in two ways:

Regards,

Daniel

Please use timer and process activity which helps to reslove the issue:

Timer will help you to trigger the application exact timing as you expected.Better set the duration time in service center

Process will help you to trigger the exact action will perform during that time but even action will trigger using timer as well.

Regards,

Ganesh kumar.C

mvp_badge
MVP

Supposing you have all the data in an entity, in the timer you add an aggregate and process each record returned from the aggregate 1 by 1 to sent the email.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.