[Barcode Plugin] iOS app crash when try to open the scanner, the prompt the permission and app crashed
Question
barcode-plugin
Mobile icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenance
Application Type
Mobile

Hi,

When try to scan, its prompt the permission for camera then immediately app crashed.

Barcode.PNG

Hello any update for this error? I have the same issue

Hello Praba, 

First off, thank you for your question on behalf of the OutSystems R&D. 

In order to understand the problem you're facing, we would like to ask some more details of you. Namely, what version of iOS and what version of the Barcode plugin are you using?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Alexandre Jacinto

Hi, I am also experiencing an issue on the Barcode Plugin. I have updated to the recent version 5.0.4. I am testing an app in an iOS software version 15.0.1. In android, it works perfectly. But with iOS, if I try to scan it doesn't open at all.

Hello Melody,

Before anything, thanks for the information you provided.

We have just published a new version of the Barcode Plugin fixing an issue that would keep the barcode scanner from opening on iOS.

Could you please update the Barcode Plugin to 5.0.5 and let us know if this fixed your issue?

For those users facing crashes, we aren't able to reproduce those bugs. Could you please provide more details regarding plugin and operating system versions?

Also, is this related to a scan of any specific barcode? That could help us to track down this issue and solve it.

Thanks and regards, 

Felipe Nascimento

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for the reply and the upgrade. Our current version of Barcode used is still 5.0.4. However, we have upgraded our MABS from 7.2 to MABS 8.0 and now the Barcode is working on iOS.

Regards,
Melody

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.