Creating dynamic dropdown menus on agile platform

Creating dynamic dropdown menus on agile platform

I would like to know how to create good looking dropdown menu with their associated sub menus.any help will be appreciated. 
Hi Tmlewin,

In the past we used to have drop down menus in our style guide. However, since they are harder to maintain, and involve way too much Javascript for beginner users, we opted to stay away from them in our Style Guide.

If you can do drop down menus in any other web development language, you can also do them here. You can also try to convert our menus to drop down ones, and keep the existing Menu items' structure.

The main rationale behind them are:

1 - Create the main menu toolbar - you can re-use the existing one.
2 - Attach "Onhover" events to each of the links
3 - When you're hovering on one of the links you'll have to:
   - a) Show the corresponding menu, placing it in the right coordinates in the screen;
   - b) Hide all the other menus that might be visible.

Finally, you need to make sure that all the Javascript and CSS things you use actually work the same in all web browsers.

I recommend you read this article on good and bad drop down menus, for inspiration purposes.

If you decide to proceed with the dynamic dropdown menus, do let us know how it goes, and we'll try to help you along the way.

I hope this helps you getting started.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
I started creating a widget for dynamic drop down menus that would work similar to the tabs widget.  Right now it doesn't have the 2nd level.  However I was having problems with it executing the outsystems link ....if you can get it working so that you can use standard links from the outsystems interface...

http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=Dynamic-Menus-w%2F-JQuery
Hi Tmlewin,

I just published a component that exemplifies drop-down menus in the Agile Platform, and also has a web block that you can try to use if you want to try and do them yourself.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares