[Ultimate PDF] Access to the path 'chrome.dll' is denied. Internal Server Error
Question
Forge component by Leonardo Fernandes

I'm looking to generate a list of PDF's to download on a button click. 

When navigating to the PDFreport screen from UltimatePDF, the server crashes when attempting to download. When preview is set to True, the page renders, but when preview is set to False, there is an internal error as follows: 

Access to the path 'chrome.dll' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
at OutSystems.NssUltimatePDF.Browser.BrowserUtils.<DownloadRevision>d__11.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at OutSystems.NssUltimatePDF.CssUltimatePDF.RunAsync(Func`1 async)
at OutSystems.NssUltimatePDF.CssUltimatePDF.MssSetupLocalBrowser(String ssTemporaryFolder, Int32 ssBrowserRevision)
   at ssUltimatePDF.RssExtensionUltimatePDF.MssSetupLocalBrowser(HeContext heContext, String inParamTemporaryFolder, Int32 inParamBrowserRevision)

We also have this problem twice now when developing some PDF output for our customer.

The solutions was to clean the windows C:\windows\temp on the server.

We use UlimatePDF to create some output for our users but today we get this error-message. When reading on the internet this article 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/68407/access-to-the-path-chrome-exe-is-denied/#

This solves our problem , I hope you can change this plugin so that this problem won't hapen in the future, we cannot have this in a production environment.

We also have this problem twice now when using this component to export PDF file.

Cause we are using cloud edition, this problem was resolved by create ticket to get the support from outsystems to kill zombie process that were running on the server using the following command: TASKKILL /IM chrome.exe /F;.

-----

I just see in the Ultimate PDF have the KillZombieBrowserSessions acction. Just use timer to run it, or call this action when you want to solve this problem.

Hope this help.

That is helpful, I appreciate it. Our issue was also resolved by reverting an update to the component. No reason an update should break it, but it does.

This was the answer for us: running the timer fixed the problem.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.